Have you participated in a youth sports program, gone skating at the Winter Sports Park, enjoyed a round of golf at Tahoe City
Golf Course, attended a TCPUD special event, ridden on the 23-mile trail network, or just enjoyed one of our incredible parks? We want to see our parks and recreation through YOUR eyes. Share your experiences with us and submit a photo and testimonial to the Capture Tahoe City Photo Contest. Receive a chance to win prizes and be published on TCPUD’s social media, website, and in future recreation guides.
First, Second, and Third Place Prizes will be awarded:
- First Prize – $100 Parks and Recreation Gift Certificate & featured in the TCPUD Activity Guide!
- Second Prize – $50 Parks and Recreation Gift Certificate
- Third Prize – $25 Parks and Recreation Gift Certificate
- TCPUD Parks/Beaches (Dog Park, Kilner Park, Commons Beach, Skylandia Beach and Park)
- TCPUD Events (Fall Festival & Pumpkin Patch, Trick or Treat, Spring Eggstravganza, Concerts at Commons Beach)
- TCPUD Parks & Recreation Programs (Camp Skylandia, Tahoe Community Sailing, Adult & Youth Sports)
- Tahoe City Golf Course
- Tahoe City Winter Sports Park
- Entries will be submitted via Facebook and Instagram using #CaptureTahoeCity and tagging @TCPUD. Photos can also be emailed to email@example.com. No printed photo entries will be accepted.
- By placing the contest hashtag (#CaptureTahoeCity) on your post, you are agreeing to participate in the 2019 Capture Tahoe City Photo Contest and abide by all contest rules.
- By entering the photo contest, the participant grants TCPUD a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to reproduce, distribute, use in publications, publicly display and publicly perform the photographs submitted, including the TCPUD website, social media accounts, and printed publications.
- Media Release form will be required for identifiable individuals in a submitted photo. If you choose to include close-up shots of people in your submission, you will be asked to provide the necessary information / releases from the individuals depicted. If you are unable to provide the information we will not be able to use your photos.
- Entrant represents and warrants that the submitted entry is an original, non-published work that does not infringe the rights or intellectual property claims of any third parties.
- TCPUD reserves the right to reject any entry deemed not suitable for consideration due to objectionable content such as the use of profanity, nudity, drug, alcohol, tobacco use or cruelty to persons or animals.
- By entering, participants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the TCPUD, its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives, from any all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the competition (collectively, "Losses"), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual's right to privacy and/or publicity right. The contest is void where prohibited by law.
- TCPUD reserves the right to make any changes to the rules and/or to the contest at any time.
- Entries must be submitted via social media platforms between October 1, 2019 - March 1, 2020. Contest ends on March 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (US Pacific Time).
- Photo must be taken at a TCPUD park, facility, program, or event.
- Entrants may submit unlimited entries.
- All photographs must have been taken within the past two years to be considered.
- The contest is open to all participants age 18 years and older, except TCPUD employees.
- Images should be high resolution of at least 3.2 million pixels (3.2 megapixels) or greater / a minimum of 300 dpi. Resolution can be calculated by multiplying the pixel width of the image with the pixel height. For example, a setting of 2000 x 1600 pixels = 3.2 megapixels. If unsure of setting, set camera to highest quality available or image resolution of at least 2016 x 3040 on SmartPhones.
- Must be JPG or JPEG format. Formats not accepted include gif, png, and bmp.
- Photo must be taken within the TCPUD District Boundaries and within a park or recreation facility or program listed here.
- Photos cannot be altered in any way utilizing filters or Photoshop or comparable programs.
- Image orientation may be portrait or landscape.
- Photos can be in color or black and white.
- Photo subjects can be all ages. Photographs will be judged based on overall impact, originality / creativity, technical excellence, and artistic merit.
- Do not place a watermark on any photos.
- All photos must be original work of the contest and never been the subject of a copyright or previously published.
- Images that do not meet these requirements may or may not be judged at the judging panel's sole discretion.