COVID-19 Administrative Response
Administrative Office Status
In response to COVID – 19, and following guidelines from state and local health officials, the TCPUD Administrative Office, located at 221 Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, is CLOSED to the public until further notice. We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees and community members and continue to provide essential services.
Customers are required to conduct business with us online, by phone, email, or US Mail. Immediate inquiries can be made by contacting us at the appropriate number below, Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm.
- For Utility Billing/Payment Questions – (530) 580-6277 (Pay your bill online)
- For Sewer & Water Questions – (530) 580-6278 (Utility Services FAQs website)
- For Permitting/Inspections Questions – (530) 580-6281(Permits/Inspections website)
- For Parks Questions – (530) 580-6058 (Parks website)
- For Recreation Questions – (530) 580-3440 x2 (Recreation website)
- For all other questions/inquiries – (530) 583-3796
- For after-hours emergencies with your sewer and water service – (530) 546-1215
All messages will be returned within one business day. We can respond more quickly to email and recommend contacting us at email@example.com
Consistent with current policy, the TCPUD does not/will not shut off water or sewer service for non-payment. While we advise our customers to pay what they can on their sewer and water bills, we have implemented the following additional measures to further assist our customers during this time.
- Penalties/interest for delinquent payments have been suspended. Prior to reinstating delinquent payment procedures, we will provide notice to our customers, via the utility bills, one billing cycle in advance of reinstatement.
- We encourage any of our customers that may be experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 580-6057
COVID-19 Responses and Community Resources
Please visit the links below for helpful resources and information:
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- Placer County Health & Human Services
- El Dorado County Health & Human Services
- North Lake Tahoe Resort Association
- Tahoe City Downtown Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- California Water Board Drinking Water Fact Sheet
We appreciate your patience and cooperation during these challenging times. As we continue to work with federal, state and local authorities, be assured we are positioned to maintain exceptional serve to our customers.
For updated information on the operating status of our Parks & Facilities, visit here.
For updated information on the operating status of Recreation Programs, visit here.