COVID-19 Tahoe City Golf Course Response Operations Plan
Tahoe City Golf Course
COVID-19 Response Operations Plan
Hours of Operation: Monday-Sunday, 9am-7:30pm. Opening May 1, 2020.
Revised: May 18, 2020
The following plan developed by the Tahoe City Public Utility District (TCPUD) is more restrictive than and in full compliance with the Placer County Health Officer’s Directive of April 16, 2020, and the supplemental guidance for Golf Course operations. It includes specific limitations on operations and access, which are designed to limit play and associated crowding and to discourage travel from out of the area. It also eliminates ALL possible common touchpoints for employees and players (except for restrooms and flagsticks). Further, it provides a safe outdoor recreation/exercise opportunity for area residents. The following plan and requirements have been posted on the District’s Golf Course website, placed as signage at the Golf Course Property and emailed directly to the District's contact list.
This plan is subject to change without notification.
Tahoe City Golf Course is OPEN for Limited Play and Subject to the following Requirements:
- The Golf Course is open to provide an outdoor recreation and exercise option for golfers who reside in the area as allowed by State of California and Placer County Orders and Directives.
- It is prohibited by these Orders and Directives to travel from outside the area for the purpose of playing golf. Do not travel to come play Tahoe City Golf Course (TCGC).
- Violation of any Requirement below is grounds for removal from the Property and temporary suspension of Pass Holder benefits.
- Please be SMART and SAFE.
- Your actions affect others! And, your actions can directly affect the ability of the TCPUD to keep this recreation resource open and available to our community
- Do not congregate or hang out – You will be asked to leave if you do so
- Arrive just before your tee time and leave immediately after completing your round
- Dogs are not permitted at this time
- Maintain 6-feet of separation from others AT ALL TIMES
- Do not come to the golf course if you are experiencing a fever, cough, or other COVID-19 related symptoms
- Wash or sanitize your hands regularly
- Please consider wearing a face covering whenever practicable
Golf Course is available for play as follows:
- Season Pass Holders & Daily Green Fee Play – Clubhouse is closed. Tee times are mandatory and must be scheduled online. Please schedule your tee time HERE.
- Please arrive no sooner than 15 minutes before your tee time and depart immediately after completing play.
- If you show up to play and you do not have a tee time, you will be turned away and instructed to call for the next available tee time.
- Walking Only – Power Carts and Rental Push Carts are not available or allowed. Private push carts are allowed.
- The Clubhouse is closed to Public Access – Pro Shop staff will be available to verbally assist players from the Pro Shop upper window.
- Two Porta Pottys and a disinfecting station are available outside
- No merchandise is available for purchase
- No club rentals
- Score Cards and Pencils are available at the Pro Shop window. Please save and reuse your scorecard and pencil
- Clinics and Lessons unavailable
- No Youth Lessons or Clinics
- No Adult Private Lessons or Ladies Clinics
- Tournaments – The golf course is not available for outside tournament play. Regular golf club and golf course tournaments are to be determined.
- Café Zenon is Open for To-Go service only – Food and beverage service is available through the take out window adjacent to the No. 6 Tee Box.
- Bocce Courts are Open for play by members of the same household.
- Cups will be set in such a way that the ball will come to rest just slightly below the green surface. Balls within a putter-length of the hole are gimmes.
- Do Not Touch or Remove Flag Sticks
- No Bunker Rakes – please smooth out the bunker with your foot after your shot
- No Benches
- No Ball Washers
- Use your own ball and clubs – Do not share equipment
- Practice Social Distancing
- Trash cans without lids provided on course