Operations Technician - Electrician
If challenging and rewarding work that directly benefits our local community interests you and you welcome the opportunity to practice and advance your skills, we have an opportunity for you. The Tahoe City Public Utility District has a rarely available full-time career opportunity for Operations Technician – Electrician.
This position works in the Utilities Division, performing work in the installation, testing, maintenance, and modification of electrical, industrial, controls, and instrumentation equipment related to District water and wastewater pumping facilities and maintenance buildings and yards. The ideal candidate has at least three years of increasingly responsible experience performing journey level work as an Operations Technician – Electrician or other related position; shares the District’s commitment to public service and our Core Values of Service, Professionalism, Teamwork, Initiative, and Communication; takes pride in a job well done; and seeks continued challenges and opportunities. Apply today If this sounds like an opening you've been waiting for.
Salary range is $46.62 - $60.60/hour depending on experience. See job description for experience and certification requirements.
Deadline for submission is 4:00 PM on Friday, June 16th, 2023.
See full job descriptions and application requirements online at www.tcpud.org/jobs.
Job Application - Open using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Please fill out entirely in order to be considered. The application is not valid unless signed. Contact Caty DeLone, Human Resources Manager, at 530-580-6043 or email@example.com with questions.
TCPUD is an award-winning district that provides an excellent salary and benefits package as well as a company culture that strives to provide opportunity and fellowship. Working at the TCPUD is more than applying for a job. It’s about becoming a valuable member of our award-winning team.
To perform a variety of semi-skilled to skilled work in the installation, testing, maintenance and modification of electrical, electronics and instrumentation equipment related to District water and wastewater facilities and maintenance buildings and yards throughout the District.
The Operations Technician – Electrician is the journey level technical classification in the Operations Technician series. Incumbents in this job classification perform technical and specialized electrical, electronics and instrumentation maintenance functions in an independent or team environment. The Operations Technician – Electrician position is distinguished from the Senior Operations Technician – Electrician by the latter’s attainment of higher level certification and a higher level of responsibility including providing technical and functional supervision.
CERTIFICATION and LICENSING
- Possession of appropriate and valid driver’s license and driving record that complies with District policy.
- Possession of a valid T2 Water Treatment Plant Operator Certificate issued by the California State Department of Public Health or the ability to obtain within eighteen (18) months of employment.
- Possession of a valid D2 Water Distribution Operator Certificate issued by the California State Department of Public Health or the ability to obtain within eighteen (18) months of employment.
- Possession of a valid Grade I Collection System Maintenance Certificate issued by the California Water Environment Association or the ability to obtain within eighteen (18) months of employment.
- Possession of a Grade II PM Electrical/Instrumentation Certificate issued by the California Water Environment Association or the ability to obtain within eighteen (18) months of employment.
TCPUD is a drug-free workplace. TCPUD is an EOE.