Water Efficiency Rebates
The Tahoe City Public Utility District (TCPUD) encourages our customers to take advantage of rebate programs through the State and/or the District for a variety of water conservation measures such as removal of turf, or the purchase of water efficient appliances and irrigation controls.
Turf Removal Rebates
The State of California's rebate program can be found here: http://www.saveourwaterrebates.com
Tahoe City Public Utility District Programs
Rebates are available for current District customers who are in compliance with all District ordinances and current on their utility account. For commercial customers or multi-unit customers, please contact the District to discuss special exceptions to the rebate maximums listed below. Rebates are limited and subject to available funds. A copy of the purchase receipt must be included with your application, receipts older than one year will not be accepted. The District may require a site inspection to verify installation.
High Efficiency Toilet Rebates
- TCPUD provides a rebate up to $100 for District WATER sutomers and $50 for District SEWER ONLY customers
- Maximum 2 toilets per parcel
- Must be HET (high efficiency toilet)/1.28 gpf
Energy Star Dishwashers
- TCPUD provides a rebate in the amount of $75 for District WATER customers or up to $37.50 for District SEWER ONLY customers.
- Maximum 1 dishwasher rebate per residence or business.
- The dishwasher must be Energy Star rated. Refer to http://www.energystar.gov/ or http://www.energystar.gov/productfinder/product/certified-residential-dishwashers/.
Energy Star Clothes Washers
- TCPUD provides a rebate in the amount of $100 for District WATER customers or up to $50 for District SEWER ONLY customers.
- Maximum 1 clothes washer rebate per residence or business.
- The clothes washer must be Energy Star rated. Refer to www.energystar.gov/ or http://www.energystar.gov/productfinder/product/certified-clothes-washers/results.
Smart Irrigation Sensor and Devices
- Rebates are available for Rain Sensors, Soil Moisture Sensors, and Temperature Sensing Gauges.
- TCPUD provides a rebate in the amount of $25 per device for District WATER customers.
- Maximum of 3 irrigation control rebates per residence or business.
- The Sensors or Gauges must be purchased, installed calibrated and operational per the manufacturers' specifications prior to application for rebate. Sensors or gauges must affect the entire irrigation system.
TCPUD Rebate Application
In order to receive a TCPUD rebate, complete the application (see button below), attach a copy of your receipt and a picture of the product packaging which clearly shows the manufacturer and model information. Completed applications can be delivered in person to the District office, emailed to email@example.com or mailed to TCPUD, Rebate Program, P.O. Box 5249, Tahoe City, CA 96145. If you have any questions about the District rebate programs, please call: 530-580-6281, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.