Work lakeside this summer at the Lake Forest Boat Ramp kiosk! We think the view is pretty great, and you will too. Pay is up to $25/hour, depending on experience. This position is open until filled.
GET PAID TO STAY! TCPUD offers a Seasonal Incentive Bonus up to $1,000!
Submit a job application in order to be considered.
Job Application - Open using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Please fill out entirely in order to be considered. Application is not valid unless signed.
JOB SUMMARY: Within a well-defined framework of established policies and procedures; perform a variety of unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled work at Lake Forest Boat Ramp kiosks; cashier, provide customer service, assist users, perform boat inspections per Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) regulations and serve as campground host at Lake Forest Campground. Also, maintain, repair, enhance, preserve and protect assigned park and recreation facilities. Incumbent provides cashier, inspection and basic maintenance services at kiosks and campground during summer months (typically May through September), acting as active team member; working to provide a high quality product to the public with a commitment to the efficient and effective use of available District resources.
The Parks Cashier is a seasonal, entry-level classification.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives immediate supervision from the Parks and Facilities Assistant Superintendent; and technical and functional supervision from a Senior Parks Operations Specialist.
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Collect launch fees.
- Sell summer passes and TRPA “Tahoe Only” boat stickers.
- Collect, record and balance daily cash receipts from District maintained and operated facilities and maintain a daily journal of work activities.
- Collect data for TRPA use.
- Direct flow of facility users.
- Assist campground users.
- Perform basic maintenance and housekeeping on and around Lake Forest Boat Ramp and Campground.
- Provide friendly customer service.
- Maintain regular attendance and adhere to prescribed word schedule to conduct job responsibilities.
- Establish, maintain and foster positive and effective working relationships with co-workers and all others contacted in the performance of assigned duties.
- Utilize appropriate safety procedures and practices for assigned duties.
- Work safely and cooperatively with others.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of:
- Cash registers.
- Credit card transaction machines.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment, including relevant software applications.
- Principles and practices of customer service.
- Safe work practices.
2. Ability to:
- Maintain routine records and logs.
- Work varied hours and shifts.
- Provide courteous and positive customer service.
- Perform routine arithmetical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Operate and use modern office equipment including computers and applicable software.
- Read, write and comprehend the English language at a level necessary for effective job performance exercising correct English usage, vocabulary, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Communicate effectively, tactfully and positively in both oral and written form.
- Understand both oral and written instructions and carry out in a positive manner.
- Establish, maintain and foster positive working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
1. Education and Experience Requirements: Any combination of education and experience which would likely provide the necessary knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
Experience: Some prior experience in cashiering and/or customer service is desirable.
2. Certification & Licensing Requirements:
Possession of appropriate and valid driver’s license and driving record that complies with District policy.
Work is primarily performed in an outdoor field environment with exposure to hot and cold temperatures; inclement weather; solvents and chemicals; water and electricity; and excessive noise.
Position may require working beyond normal business hours and/or weekend work.