How to Reserve A Winter Sports Park Activity
Advance Reservations are strongly recommended. Limited walk-ups will be permitted. No guarantee space will be available without an advance reservation.
All reservations for activities of the Winter Sports Park will be created online through our CivicRec system:
Already have an account? Once reservations open, you will be able to reserve online.
1. Before reserving any Winter Sports Park sessions or registering for any of our Recreation programs online, you must first create an online account in CivicRec.
- Access CivicRec to register a new account: CivicRec
- On desktop computers, click Log In/Create Account in the upper left corner, select Create Your TCPUD Account.
- On mobile devices, select Account (the lock icon) in the upper right corner and select Sign Up.
- If you are registering a child for a reservation at the Winter Sports Park, please use your own information first when creating an account, NOT the information of the child you wish to reserve for an activity.
- Complete the form. All fields with an asterisk (*) are required. You will have an opportunity to add family members to your household later. NOTE: Online reservations of Winter Sports Park activities must be made for each member of your party.
- Address & Resident Rate: Upon account creation, we need both your Mailing Address and Address (physical). At Mailing Address, enter your P.O. Box and/or primary residency for mailing/billing. Address is your physical address (i.e. TCPUD Resident* Address, and/or Tahoe/Truckee/Surrounding Areas address if applicable).
- * Resident Rate applies to customers who live and/or own property in the Tahoe City Public Utility District (TCPUD) Water & Sewer service area. Residents within the service area receive reduced rates for many of our recreation fees, as a portion of their property taxes are used to support TCPUD parks and recreation services.
- Text & Email Opt-In: TCPUD Parks and Recreation Department will be sharing information about program cancellations and facility closures (including specific areas such as the Winter Sports Park) via email and/or text message. Please enter your cell phone number and your mobile carrier to receive important updates. You can add multiple email addresses to receive communications. Your information will never be sold and only be used to send alerts and notifications about your selected topics.
- Username & Password: Your username is your email address. Passwords must be at least 8 characters and include at least 3 of the following: Capital letter, lower case letter, number, special character. If you have forgotten your password, please select "forgot password" at login to reset it at any time. If account assistance is needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Once your account has been established, you can now reserve for Winter Sports Park Reservations:
- All Winter Sports Park Reservations and Season Passes will be found in our CivicRec Catalog tab under Winter Sports Park.
- To reserve, click on the Activity name, click on the Time of the activity you wish to reserve.
- Select the account members you wish to enroll, select the drop-in date you are reserving for and click on Add to Cart.
- NOTE: If the date is green, the reservation time is completely open; if the date is yellow, the reservation time is partially open; and if the date is gray, the reservation time is not available or sold out.
- If ready to proceed with booking, select Checkout.
- Answer any prompts if applicable (i.e. ice skate rentals) and Submit Responses.
- Acknowledge and sign TCPUD waivers and click Confirm Waiver Agreement.
- Payment: You can add, and remove reservations and participants within your shopping cart. Click Continue to Payment to enter billing information and process payment. Note our refund and cancellation policies.
- You can also click on Catalog or Browse Catalog to register for more programs before payment.
- For Winter Sports Park Season Passes:
- Click on the pass you wish to purchase.
- Select Account Members you are purchasing the Season Passes for.
- Proceed with Checkout.
- NOTE: If you purchase a Season Pass, reservations are highly recommended to be made online before visiting. Passes are non-transferrable and must be purchased in the name of the person that will be using the pass. When making a reservation, CivicRec will recognize you are a Season Pass holder and not charge you for a daily reservation for the Season Pass activity.
- To limit overcrowding, capacity is limited for each reservation session. No waitlists will be available once a reservation fills.
3. At Checkout:
- Answer any applicable prompts and click Submit Responses.
- Acknowledge and sign TCPUD waivers and click Confirm Waiver Agreement.
- Payment: You can add, edit, and remove programs/activities within your shopping cart. Click on Continue to Payment to enter billing information. Note our refund and cancellation policies.
- You can also click on Catalog or Browse Catalog to register for more programs or activities before payment.
Refunds and Cancellations
Please note, we have a No Refund/No Credit Policy once payment has been processed. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
Ice Rink Only Closure: You may be eligible for a refund or credit to account if an Ice Rink Reservation Cancellation Event or Extended Ice Rink Closure Event occurs when the ice rink is unavailable due to mechanical or equipment failure. If you are eligible, the Tahoe City Public Utility District will either issue a refund back to the credit card used at the time of purchase or issue a credit to your account, which can be applied to a new reservation date and time.
Q: How many accounts should each family have?
- It is recommended that each family establish one account. Create the account in the name of a Head of Household/Default Payer and then add all family member names to the account after it is established.
Q: How do I add Family Members to my Account?
- After logging in to your account, click on Account then Add New Account Member to add new members.
Q: How do I qualify for a Resident rate?
- Resident rate refers to customers that live in the Tahoe City Public Utility District service area. Residents of the service area receive a reduced rate off many of our recreation fees as a portion of their property taxes are used for parks and recreation services. If you feel you may qualify as resident, you are more than welcome to email us (email@example.com) with proof of your physical address (i.e. valid driver's license, TCPUD Utility Bill) showing a physical address within the district and the registrant's name.
Q: Can I view Winter Sports Park sessions without reserving?
- Yes, you can always view activities and their information without registering. Click on the Catalog button or any of the Program/Catalog Tabs to view current program offerings.
Q: What do I do if I forgot my password?
- Click Log In, there you can click on Forgot password? to begin the retrieval process. If you have any trouble, please feel free to contact the Recreation office during normal business hours, Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 583-3440 ext. 2 and a member of our staff will assist you.
Q: Can I view my transaction history and print out my receipts online?
- Yes, from the date at which your online account is established. Click on Account then Transaction History. There you can search by date range to access past receipts/transactions.