How to Reserve A Winter Sports Park Activity
Reservations are available in one-week blocks and open for registration on Tuesdays at 10am (subject to change). Season Passes are available now. Advance Reservations are required as no walk-ups will be permitted this season.
Mark your calendar for each Tuesday at 10:00AM to make a reservation for the upcoming one-week block.
One-week blocks include Friday through the following Thursday.
- Please note, this schedule is subject to change and we will update the website if that happens.
All reservations for activities of the Winter Sports Park will be created online through our Active system:
Please note, no walk-ins will be permitted.
Already have an account? Once the park opens, you will be able to reserve online.
1. Before reserving any Winter Sports Park sessions or registering for any of our Recreation programs online, you must first create an online account in Active to receive a Customer ID and Password.
- Access Active to register a new account: ActiveNet
- Click on the Sign In/Up button or Create An Account in the top right corner and complete the questions for account creation. Be careful not to create a duplicate account.
- If you are registering a child for a reservation at the Winter Sports Park, please use your own information first when creating an account, NOT the information of the child you wish to reserve for an activity.
- Once you have created your online account, you will have the opportunity to add family members. NOTE: Reservations of Winter Sports Park activities must be made for each member of your party.
- NOTE: If you are creating a new account or accessing your current account via smart phone or tablet, it is recommended to enable the full site for complete access to the Active website. To enable, click on the three horizontal bars in the top left corner and click on "full site."
2. Once your account has been established, you can now reserve for activity sessions:
- All Winter Sports Park activity dates and sessions will be found under Activities/Winter Sports Park. To purchase a Season Pass, please click on Winter Sports Park Season Passes.
- To reserve, click on More next to the Activity Name, click on More next to the month you are interested in, find the date you wish to reserve and click on the Date/Time of the activity you wish to reserve.
- Click on Enroll to enroll yourself or another member of your account to reserve the activity spot. Click on the rental fee box if rental equipment is needed (i.e. ice skates, cross-country skis or snowshoes).
- Proceed to Shopping Cart to continue the reservation process.
- Or click on Register Another Participant for this Activity to enroll another member of your party.
- Or click on Add to Cart & Continue Shopping if you wish to reserve more dates/sessions of Winter Sports Park Activities.
- For Season Passes: Search for the pass you wish to purchase (Adult or Youth).
- Click on Add to Cart and pick the participant for said Season Pass.
- Proceed with purchase.
- NOTE: If you purchase a Season Pass, reservations must be made online before visiting. Passes are non-transferrable and must be purchased in the name of the person that will be using the pass. When making a reservation, ActiveNet will recognize you are a Season Pass holder and not charge you for a daily session for the Season Pass activity.
- Repeat above steps to sign up for multiple reservations or participants.
- To limit overcrowding and support social distancing guidelines, capacity is limited for each reservation session. Each session will list how many openings remain. No waitlists will be available once a session fills.
3. Proceed to Shopping Cart. In the Shopping Cart you are able to add, edit, and remove programs and participants.
- Review cart items.
- Sign and review waivers (initial boxes).
- Select Check Out to process payment.
Refunds and Cancellations
Please note, we have a No Refund/No Credit Policy once payment has been processed. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
Ice Rink Only Closure: You may be eligible for a "Credit to Account" if an Ice Rink Reservation Cancellation Event or Extended Ice Rink Closure Event occurs when the ice rink is unavailable due to mechanical or equipment failure. If you are eligible, the Tahoe City Public Utility District will issue a credit to your account, which can be applied to a new reservation date and time.
Q: How many accounts should each family have?
- It is recommended that each family establish one account. Create the account in the name of a Head of Household and then add all family member names to the account after it is established.
Q: How do I add Family Members to my Account?
- After logging in to your account, click on Manage Family Member to add new members.
Q: How do I qualify for a Resident rate?
- Resident rate refers to customers that live in the Tahoe City Public Utility District service area. Residents of the service area receive a reduced rate off many of our recreation fees as a portion of their property taxes are used for parks and recreation services. If you feel you may qualify as resident, you are more than welcome to email us (email@example.com) with proof of your physical address (i.e. valid driver's license, TCPUD Utility Bill) showing a physical address within the district and the registrant's name.
Q: Can I view Winter Sports Park sessions without reserving?
- Yes, you can always view sessions and activities and its information without registering. Click on any of the top menu bar categories or scroll down and click on any of the three boxes to view all that is offered on the main ActiveNet page.
Q: What do I do if I forgot my password?
- Click Sign In, there you can click on Forgot your login name? or Forgot your password? to begin the retrieval process. If you have any trouble, please feel free to contact the Recreation office during normal business hours: firstname.lastname@example.org | (530) 583-3440 ext. 2
Q: Can I view my transaction history and print out my receipts online?
- Yes, from the date at which your online account is established. Click on My Account then View Account Payment Details. There you can search by date range to access past receipts/transactions.