Already Have an Account?
1. Before registering for any programs or activities online, you must first create an online account to receive a Customer ID and Password.
- Access Active to register a new account: https://apm.activecommunities.com/tcpud/Home
- Click on Create An Account and complete the questions for account creation. Be careful to not create a duplicate account.
- NOTE: If you are registering a child for a program, please use your own information first when creating an account, NOT the information of the child you wish to register for an activity. Once you have created your online account, you will have the opportunity to add family members.
2. Once your account has been established, you can now register for activities:
- Search by keywords, activity names, or activity numbers provided in our Activity Guide or click on Sign Up in any of our Recreation Programs on our website.
- Click on the program to view details or click on Enroll Now.
- Select Participant
- Answer any enrollment questions (if applicable).
- Click Add to Cart
- Click Check Out to continue with payment OR
- Repeat enrollment process to sign up ore participants and/or multiple activities before completing payment.
3. In the Shopping Cart you are able to add, edit, and remove programs and participants. (Note, if you are put on a wait list you are not registered for the program).
- Review cart items.
- Sign and review waivers (check boxes or initial).
- Select Check Out to process payment. If an activity is full, you can add to the wait list. Please be aware of our refund and cancellation policies.
Before registration opens, add the programs you are interested in enrolling in into your Wish List.
- Log in to your Active account.
- Search for the programs you are interested in and click on the heart in the bottom right corner of the program/session. The heart will will turn red and will be successfully added to your Wish List.
- View your Wish List (click on My Wish List in the upper left corner). You can remove items from your Wish List by clicking on the red heart.
- Once registration opens, you can enroll directly from your Wish List:
- Click Enroll Now.
- Select Participant.
- Answer any enrollment questions if applicable.
- Click Add to Cart.
- To enroll more, return to your Wish List and repeat the process.
- Make sure all waivers are checked and/or initialed before check out.
Refunds & Cancellations
TCPUD reserves the right to cancel any activity. If TCPUD cancels an activity, a full refund will be issued. If a participant cancels at least 5 working days before the activity start date, 80 percent will be refunded. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued if a participant cancels within 4 working days before the activity start date, or fails to attend an activity of class.
NOTE: All schedules and rates are subject to change. Any cancellations related or due to COVID-19 by the TCPUD will be fully refunded.
Scholarship applications are available by calling (530) 583-3440, ext. 5. All information is confidential. Submit in person before registering for any program.
Air Quality Monitoring
We continually monitor air quality conditions in the event of nearby fires affecting our area. If we need to cancel any outdoor programs or camps due to poor air quality, we will communicate closures by 7am for Camp Skylandia, golf, swim and sailing programs. Evening programs will be cancelled by 2pm.
Q: How many accounts should each family have?
- It is recommended that each family establish one account. Create the account in the name of a Head of Household and then add all family member names to the account after it is established.
Q: How do I add Family Members to My Account?
- After logging in to your account, click on My Account. There you can click on Manage Family Member and add new members.
Q: How do I qualify for a Resident rate?
- Resident rate refers to customers that live and/or own property in the Tahoe City Public Utility District service area. Residents of the service area receive a reduced rate off many of our recreation fees as a portion of their property taxes are used to support parks and recreation services. If you feel you may qualify as resident, you are more than welcome to email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with proof of your physical address (i.e. valid driver's license, TCPUD Utility Bill) showing a physical address within the district and the registrant's name.
Q: Can I view TCPUD activities without registering?
- Yes, you can always view activities and its information without registering. Click on the Sign In/Up button or on any of the top menu bar categories to view all that is offered.
Q: What do I do if I forgot my password?
- Click Sign In, there you can click on Forgot your login name? or Forgot your password? to begin the retrieval process. If you have any trouble, please contact our office during normal business hours at (530) 583-3440 ext. 2 or email email@example.com and a member of our staff will assist you.
Q: What happens if I try to register for an activity that is full?
- Your name will be placed on a waiting list to be contacted in the event that a space in that program/activity opens up or additional programs are added. If a space opens for the class, you will be contacted immediately. If we are unable to contact you with 24 hours, your space will be given to the next customer on the wait list.
- If you do not want to be placed on the waiting list, click on the Trash Can icon to delete the transaction from your cart.
Q: Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts online?
- Yes, from the date at which your online account is established. Click on My Account then Transaction and Payment History. There you can search by date range to access past receipts/transactions.
Q: What is the TCPUD's Tax ID?