Lake Forest Boat Ramp
NOTICE: The Lake Forest Boat Ramp will be closed on Tuesday, August 23, 2022, for maintenance.
Click here for information on an alternate location, Cave Rock.
The TCPUD is excited to offer the Lake Forest Boat Ramp for launching in Lake Tahoe. The facility is located 1.5 miles east of Tahoe City off Highway 28 on Lake Forest Road at 2500 Lake Forest Rd., Tahoe City, CA 96145 and offers limited day use parking and restrooms. You can also enjoy a picnic area, playground, and small beach area at the adjacent Tahoe State Recreation Area (Pomin Park).
Boat Launch Operations
The boat ramp can be very busy at times during the summer boating season. Prepare before you launch and practice good etiquette to ensure a quick and efficient launch. Always recreate responsibly to protect yourself, others, and the outdoors.
Things to consider:
- Parking is very limited/no overnight parking allowed (see Parking FAQ)
- Open year-round with seasonal changes in hours of operation (see below)
- Boaters must abide by all posted entry and inspection guidelines, payment processing, launching rules and exiting processes
- Mandatory Motorized Watercraft Inspections Required per TRPA
New Ordinance in Effect as of March 18, 2022
Ordinance 305 – Establishing Parking and Use Regulations at the Lake Forest Boat Ramp Facility
For more information, visit our FAQ.
Mandatory Watercraft Inspection Program
All motorized watercraft must receive a TRPA Boat Inspection prior to launching - for a list of inspection locations and hours, please visit:
- If your boat is NOT sealed you will NOT be allowed to launch. TRPA boat inspection appointments can be made HERE or call (888) 824-6267
- For more information on mandatory TRPA launch stickers and fees click HERE
Season and Day Use Launch Passes
All Lake Forest Boat Ramp Season Launch Passes must be purchased in advance online.
Purchase Season Launch Passes here.
Once purchased, season pass stickers will be available at the Lake Forest Boat Ramp Kiosk within three business days. Passes can also be sent via US mail or picked up at the TCPUD District office located at 221 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City.
|Location: 2500 Lake Forest Road, Tahoe City||Fees:|
Daily Launch - TCPUD Resident/Property Owner (Resident Vessel Sticker required)
|Daily Launch - Non-Resident/Non-Property Owner||$25|
|Summer Season Launch Pass - TCPUD Resident/Property Owner||$195|
|Summer Season Launch Pass - Non-Resident/Non-Property Owner||$320|
|Annual Season Launch Pass - TCPUD Resident/Property Owner||$265|
|Annual Season Launch Pass - Non-Resident/Non-Property Owner||$435|
*A resident is defined as a water or sewer customer of the District
Hours of Operation:
|May 1 - September 5||
Mon. - Thurs.
Fri. - Sun.
|Sealed Boats Only|
|September 6 - September 30||6:00am - 7:00pm||Sealed Boats Only|
|October 1 - December 31||6:00am - 4:00pm||Inspections Available|
|January 1 - April 30||6:00am - 4:00pm||Sealed Boats Only|
Lake Forest Boat Ramp will be closed in observance of the listed holidays:
- NEW YEARS DAY
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY
- PRESIDENT’S DAY
- VETERAN'S DAY
- THANKSGIVING EVE & THANKSGIVING DAY
- CHRISTMAS EVE & CHRISTMAS DAY