Lake Forest Boat Ramp Status
On May 19, 2020, the Lake Forest Boat Launch will open to "Tahoe Only" boats. Per the phased plan developed by the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, the launch will open to boats that have intact aquatic invasive species (AIS) inspection seals only. This limited opening will allow “Tahoe Only” boats to launch and will not invite widespread visitation to the region.
The limited opening will be subject to strict guidelines, developed in coordination with state and local requirements and are described in detail in the Lake Forest Boat Launch Facility Protection Plan (Plan), found HERE. (PDF)
In addition to reviewing all guidelines outlined in the full Plan, please take note of the following important measures of the limited Operations Plan.
- The Boat Launch will be open daily starting Tuesday, May 19 from 6am – 7pm
- Tahoe Only Sealed Boats and Commercial Boats with TRPA MOUs are permitted to launch
- Commercial Boats with TRPA MOUs are NOT permitted to launch from Friday, May 22 through Monday, May 25
- If your boat is NOT sealed you will NOT be permitted to launch
- TRPA Aquatic Invasive Species Inspections are NOT available
- Boat trailer parking is not permitted on Hwy 28 or Lake Forest Road and will be enforced by local law enforcement
- Boaters must abide by all posted entry and inspection guidelines, payment processing, launching rules and exiting process
Please continue to check back to this page for operations updates for the Lake Forest Boat Ramp
The TCPUD is excited to present our newly rehabilitated Boat Ramp. The ramp is located 1.5 miles east of Tahoe City off Highway 28 on Lake Forest Road. All vessels must receive an inspection prior to launching - for a list of inspection locations and hours, please visit
Lake Forest Boat Ramp will be closed in observance of the listed holidays...
NEW YEARS DAY 1/1
MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY 1/20
PRESIDENT’S DAY 2/17
VETERAN'S DAY 11/11
THANKSGIVING EVE & THANKSGIVING DAY 11/26 & 11/27
CHRISTMAS EVE & CHRISTMAS DAY 12/24 & 12/25
You can also call Tahoe Boat Inspections at (888) 824-6267. For other available boat launching facilities, please contact the various marinas around the lake.
Current water levels should allow for most vessel size launches at this time, but we cannot guarantee this all summer. Inspections available at Alpine Inspection Station as of May 1.
Location: 1.5 miles east of Tahoe City off Highway 28 on Lake Forest Road.
|Daily for CA Residents||$15|
|Daily for Out of State||$20|
|Annual Pass for Residents||$265|
|Annual Pass for Non-residents||$375|
|Summer Pass for Residents||$195|
|Summer Pass for Non-residents||
Hours of Operation:
|January 1 - April 30||6:00am - 4:00pm||SEALED BOATS ONLY|
|May 1 - Sept 2||5:30am - 7:00pm||SEALED BOATS ONLY|
|September 3 - September 30||6:00am - 7:00pm||SEALED BOATS ONLY|
|October 1 - December 31||6:00am - 4:00pm||INSPECTIONS AVAILABLE|